How to make Kanava Thoran (Kerala Squid Chilli Fry)
Kanava Thoran (Kerala Squid Chilli Fry)
Ingredients of Kanava Thoran (Kerala Squid Chilli Fry)
- 1 Kg kanava (squid)
- 1 onion
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 red dried chillies
- A pinch of mustard seeds
- 1/2 sprig curry leaves
- 1 Cup coconut
- 3 Tbsp oil
How to Make Kanava Thoran (Kerala Squid Chilli Fry)
- 1.Cut kanava into very small pieces. Slice Onion and green chillies.
- 2.In a pan pour water and add kanava, onion and green chillies.
- 3.Add salt to taste and let it cook. In a grinder add coconut, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric and fenugreek powder and grind once (dont make it a paste).
- 4.Add this mixture to cooked kanava. In another pan pour oil and when its hot add mustard, red dried chillies and curry leaves.
- 5.Add cooked kanava mixture into it and mix it for sometime. Garnish thoran with curry leaves.
Key Ingredients: kanava (squid), onion , green chillies , chilli powder, coriander powder, fenugreek powder, turmeric powder, red dried chillies, mustard seeds, sprig curry leaves, coconut , oil