How To Make Kesari Bhaat
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Kesari Bhaat Recipe: A decadent south Indian dessert, perfect for festivitiies and special occasions, one bite of kesari bhaat will get you hooked!
Ingredients of Kesari Bhaat
- A few threads of saffron
- 1 cup basmati rice , soaked
- 1 tbsp pure ghee
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 7-8 Cashewnuts (halved)
- 8 tbsp low calorie sweetener
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 25 gram sugar crystals
How to Make Kesari Bhaat
- 1.Dissolve saffron in one tablespoon of warm water and set aside.
- 2.Heat ghee in a pan, sauté raisins and cashewnuts. Drain and set aside. In the same ghee add rice and sauté for two to three minutes.
- 3.Add one and a half cups of boiling water along with saffron water and let the rice cook.
- 4.When half-done add low calorie sweetener and continue to cook till all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- 5.Add the cardamom powder and mix gently.
- 6.Decorate with raisins, cashewnuts and sugar crystals. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: A few threads of saffron, basmati rice , pure ghee, raisins, Cashewnuts (halved), low calorie sweetener , green cardamom powder, sugar crystals