Who doesn't love marshmallows? Make this childhood favorite at home! Marshmallows are confections made with gelatine, corn syrup and sugar.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 05 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
Ingredients of Marshmallows
- 20 gm gelatine
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup icing/confectioners sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch/cornflour-mix with the icing
- 1 baking tray 8
How to Make MarshmallowsHideShow Media
1. Sprinkle gelatine over a cup of water.
2. Sprinkle half the Icing sugar mixture over the greased tray.
3. Grease a deep saucepan and add the sugar, corn syrup and water in it. Cook over low heat, stirring till sugar dissolves. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. Uncover and cook without stirring, till it reaches a hard ball consistency--drop a little syrup into cold water and it should firm up immediately.
5. Take off the heat and pour over gelatine, beating all the time with a beater, till fluffy and light. Add vanilla and pour mixture into prepared tray. Refrigerate over night.
6. Sprinkle rest of icing sugar mixture over, turn over on to a board and cut into cubes.
7. Dry for 2-3 hours and store.