How to make Pasta with Tangy Tomato Sauce
Freshly made wheat flour pasta tossed with veggies and mingled with fresh tangy tomato sauce! This recipe is a great steal for your kid's hunger pangs and solve all the tiffin problems as this is quick and can be easily packed.
Ingredients of Pasta with Tangy Tomato Sauce
- For Pasta:
- 1 Cup Wheat flour/Rye four/Barley flour
- 1/4 Cup Water
- A pinch of Rock salt
- For Sauce:
- 5-6 Medium Tomatoes
- 50 Gram Fresh ginger
- 10-15 leaves/1 tbsp Fresh/Dry basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, grated
- To taste Rock salt
- For Pasta and Sauce mix:
- 50 Gram Carrot
- 25 Gram Capsicum
- 50 Gram Zucchini
- 25 Gram Pumpkin
- 50 Gram Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Basil leaves
How to Make Pasta with Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Prepare Pasta:
- 1.In a deep broad bowl add salt to the flour and then add water and knead a soft dough.
- 2.Roll it in to square or round chapatti and cut into thin strips with a sharp knife.
- 3.Put these pieces in boiling water carefully and boil them for 8 - 10 minutes.
- 4.Remove from flame and let it stay for 5 -10 minutes.
- 5.Carefully drain out the hot water and add cold water to the pasta. Strain the pasta again. Pasta is ready to be put into the sauce.
- Prepare the Sauce:
- 1.Steam tomatoes and fresh ginger for 5 – 7 minutes.
- 2.Grind to a smooth puree and strain it.
- 3.Add basil, cinnamon powder, rock salt and black pepper and let it simmer on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Prepare the dish:
- 1.Steam the chopped carrots, capsicum, zucchini, pumpkin and avocado for a few minutes.
- 2.Mix the steamed vegetables with the tangy tomato sauce. Leave to stand for ten minutes.
- 3.Toss pasta with the tangy tomato sauce and steamed vegetable mixture.
- 4.Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.
Key Ingredients: Wheat flour/Rye four/Barley flour , Water, Rock salt, Tomatoes, Fresh ginger, Fresh/Dry basil leaves, Cinnamon powder, Black pepper, Rock salt, Carrot, Capsicum, Zucchini, Pumpkin, Avocado, Basil leaves