How to make Pickled Cucumbers
Recipe Servings: 10
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
These pickled cucumbers are an ideal blend of sweet and sour. They pair up not only with evening snacks but are also a great way to brighten up any bland meal.
Ingredients of Pickled Cucumbers
- 20 Tendlis (Small cucumbers)
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Salt
- 3 Cups Vinegar
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Powdered black pepper
How to Make Pickled Cucumbers
- 1.Wash and prick the tendlis.
- 2.Scrape and slice the carrot into thin rounds.
- 3.Place both the vegetables in a glass or stainless steel jar and sprinkle the salt over it.
- 4.Cover with water and let them stand overnight.
- 5.Next morning, drain the water, add vinegar, sugar and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- 6.Simmer for 3 - 4 minutes, remove from heat and store in an airtight sterilised jar.