Plums with Sponge Discs Recipe
Spongy soft cake adorned with rum flambed plums. Best served with a dollop of an ice-cream.
- Total Cook Time 50 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Plums with Sponge Discs
- 4 eggs - separated
- 125 gm castor sugar
- 125 gm flour
- 1/2 kg plums - halved and stoned
- 50 gm butter
- 75 gm castor sugar
- 30 ml rum
- Scoops of ice cream
- Cocoa to dust
How to Make Plums with Sponge DiscsHideShow Media
1. Whip whites until stiff.
2. Then gradually whisk in sugar. Stir in yolks and fold in flour.
3. Pipe into 3" discs on a greased tray.
5. Bake at 190 degrees C for 10 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven and cool.
To prepare plums:
6. Heat butter in a pan. Add plums. Sprinkle on sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Flambe with rum. Serve warm on sponge discs with ice cream. Dust with cocoa before serving.