How to make Roast Pumpkin Soup
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
A comforting bowl of pumpkin soup with the flavour-goodness of honey and cream.
Ingredients of Roast Pumpkin Soup
- 1/2 Pumpkin (split in two)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 clove Garlic (skin removed
- 1 Onion
- 2 litre Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Red chillies (1 deseeded), finely chopped
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
- 1 Lemon zest
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Handful Thyme
How to Make Roast Pumpkin Soup
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees C.
- 2.Cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and slash it in.
- 3.Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper and rub well on the cut side of the pumpkin.
- 4.Poke the red chilly and place it inside the pumpkin with thyme.
- 5.Drizzle olive oil on the onion and garlic and put them with pumpkin in the oven to roast.
- 6.Remove from the tray and allow the tray to cool.
- 7.Scoop the flesh of pumpkin into a saucepan. Add onion, garlic and 1 cup of chicken stock and blend the mixture.
- 8.Heat pan, add rest of the chicken stock, honey and cream. Bring to gentle simmer and season to taste.
- 9.Make the masala with finely chopped red chilly, lemon zest, some lemon juice, some extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 10.To Serve: Pour into individual cups and garnish with masala.
Key Ingredients: Pumpkin (split in two), Honey, Cream, Garlic (skin removed, Onion, Chicken stock, Olive oil, Salt and pepper, Red chillies (1 deseeded), Lemons (juiced), Lemon zest, Extra virgin olive oil, Thyme