Roasted Tomato and Herb Soup Recipe
How to make Roasted Tomato and Herb Soup
Scrumptious soup prepared with oven roasted tomatoes, flavored with garlic and mixed herbs, served hot laced with fresh cream and sautéed herbs.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Roasted Tomato and Herb Soup
- 12 Large Tomatoes (ripe, red), sliced
- 4-5 cloves Garlic (crushed), peeled
- 1/2 tsp Black Peppercorn (crushed)
- 3/4 tsp Mixed herbs (dried)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- to taste Salt
- As required Water
- For garnishing:
- 1 tsp Fresh cream (chilled)
- 1 tsp Mixed herbs (dried sautéed in Extra virgin olive oil)
How to Make Roasted Tomato and Herb SoupHideShow Media
Preheat the oven at 180◦ C.
Place the sliced tomatoes and garlic in the baking tray.
Pour olive oil.
Oven roast for 15 minutes, till the tomatoes leave their peel.
Once the tomatoes are done, set aside to cool.
Blend in a food processor the tomatoes, garlic, peppercorn, mixed herbs.
Prepare a smooth puree by adding a little water.
Place the puree on the flame.
Add salt. Adjust the consistency.
Serve hot laced with fresh cream and garnished with a swirl of mixed herbs.
You may add a little sugar, if desired.
Serve this delicious soup hot with a bread of your choice.