How To Make South Indian Fish Curry In White Gravy
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About South Indian Fish Curry In White Gravy Recipe: A flavourful, fiery south-style fish curry in a comforting coconut milk gravy! You can pair this fish curry with steamed rice for a wholesome meal.
Ingredients of South Indian Fish Curry In White Gravy
- 250 gms basa fish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7-8 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 Whole red chilli
- to taste salt
- to taste red chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
How to Make South Indian Fish Curry In White Gravy
- 1.Wash fish and mix some salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes. Pan fry till brown and keep aside.
- 2.Heat some cooking oil in a pan, saute mustard seeds, curry leaves and whole red chilli till they sizzle.
- 3.Saute onions and ginger-garlic paste.
- 4.Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder and fried fish. Mix well.
- 5.Add coconut milk and some water. Cook for at least 10 minutes. Add garam masala.
- 6.Serve hot with rice or roti.
Key Ingredients: basa fish, onion, Curry leaves, mustard seeds, coconut milk, cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, Whole red chilli, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder