How To Make Vegetable Patties
About Vegetable Patties Recipe: Dough parcels filled with fresh veggies, dhania powder, amchoor and baked crisp, these vegetable patties are a delight to serve with evening cup of chai!
Ingredients of Vegetable Patties
- 3 Cups maida / refined flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup iced water
- 1 kg mixed vegetables-chopped fine, and cooked
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp aamchoor
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp pissi kali mirch
- Egg yolk (mixed with 2 Tbsp milk for brushing or just milk)
How to Make Vegetable Patties
- Prepare dough
- 1.Mix maida, salt and 1 cup butter into a crumbly consistency.
- 2.Add 1 the water and continue to mix into a crumbly mixture. Add some more water till no dry particles remain.
- 3.Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or so.
- 4.Beat the butter into a 6" square between two sheets of plastic.
- 5.Roll the dough into a rectangle 12"x 26".
- 6.Place butter in center and fold first one end over, then the other.
- 7.Press edges to seal and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 8.Roll dough into a long strip again, fold one third from one end towards center and then the other. Chill. And repeat twice more before using as required.
- Prepare stuffing:
- 1.Heat butter and add onions when butter melts.
- 2.Saute till onions are a little soft. Add vegetables, salt, dhania, garam masala, amchoor, chilli powder and pissi kali mirch and stir-fry till well mixed.
- 3.Roll dough 1" thick, cut into rectangles.
- 4.Wet edges, place the mixture in one half and fold over. Press to seal.
- 5.Brush top with egg yolk mixture and bake in a hot oven 425 F-200C for 15 to 20 minutes.
Key Ingredients: maida / refined flour, salt, unsalted butter, iced water, mixed vegetables-chopped fine, and cooked, onion, butter, salt, dhania powder, garam masala, aamchoor, chilli powder or to taste, pissi kali mirch, Egg yolk (mixed with 2 Tbsp milk for brushing or just milk)