Recipe of Aloo Matar Rasedaar
An everyday dish cooked in an Indian households. Chunks of potatoes and peas tossed togethar in a masaledar gravy.
- 2 cups potatoes - boiled and cubed
- 2 cups shelled green peas
- 3-4 green chillies - slit a little
For the Gravy:
- 250 gm - chopped onions-ground with garlic & ginger
- 1 tsp peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 125 gm tomato - grated OR 1/4 cup puree
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp powdered red pepper
- 1 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish
How to Make Aloo Matar Rasedaar
- Heat oil and add the cumin seeds and the bay leaves.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the onion paste and saute till fat separates.
- Add the tomatoes or puree, turmeric, salt, garam masala, red pepper and the coriander powder, and stir-fry till fat separates.
- Add the peas, potatoes and the green chillies and saute over high heat till the vegetables look glossy.
- Add 2 cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer, for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander leaves.
potato, green peas
, green chillies
, vegetable oil
, cumin seeds
, bay leaf
, tumeric, salt
, garam masala
, coriander seeds
, coriander leaves