Recipe Servings: 4
Pieces of aubergine deep fried and tossed with onions, kalongi, fennel seeds and tomatoes.
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp kalonji (onion seeds)
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 sliced onions
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 250 gm chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- A pinch chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Cut the aubergine into 3/4 " thick wedges and deep fry in hot oil until they catch color.
- Heat little oil in a pan and toss in the onion and fennel seeds.
- After a few seconds add the onions and cook until tender.
- Add the ginger, garlic and tomato along with the remaining ingredients except aubergine.
- Cook until the mixture is well reduced.
- Add the aubergine and cook until tender.
- Season well and garnish with chopped coriander.
Key Ingredients: eggplant
, onion seeds
, fennel seeds, vegetable oil
, coriander seeds
, red chilli