Beetroot And Berry Shots
Recipe Servings: 5
Beetroot and berries mixed together with some salt, pepper and vinegar to make these savory shots.
- 1 kg beetroot
- 200 gm strawberry or any berry
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Few drops of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius. Peel the beetroot and boil till tender, say 20 minutes.
- Slice the beetroot. In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, balsamic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add the beetroot and mix it well so it is evenly coated.
- Arrange on a baking tray and roast it for about 20 minutes or you could simply saute in a pan. Let it cool.
- In a food processor add the beetroot and the berries and blend it well.
- Add some water if need be. You want a consistency of a flowing cream.
- Adjust the seasoning again, chill in the fridge.
- Serve with a little sprinkling of chopped parsley.