Recipe Servings: 2
Crisp flavorsome lady fingers with mango powder and the strong aroma of heeng.
- 500 gm lady's fingers - washed and wiped dry
- A large pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Oil for deep-frying
- Top and tail the ladies fingers- slice off the stalk end and the tail. Slice them into 1/2 cm/1/4 in thick rounds.
- Heat the oil until a piece of vegetable dropped in comes up at once. Add as many pieces as fit in comfortably.
- Fry over high heat for about 2 minutes. Then lower the heat and fry till crisp.
- Lift the pieces out with a slotted spoon and leave to drain. Repeat till the whole lot if fried, increasing the heat before a fresh lot is put in. Set aside.
- Heat about 1 Tbsp oil. Add the asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds splutter add the fried ladies fingers, salt, mango powder and chilli powder.
- Saute to mix well and serve.