Deep South Spiced Rice Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Rice with kidney beans, onions, chillies, peppers and loads of herbs, masalas and the freshness of basil. Its easy to make and great to taste.
Ingredients of Deep South Spiced Rice
- 175 gm rice boiled and drained
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100 gm cooked kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, tulsi leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or you can use ajwain also)
- 1 tsp paprika (red pepper or chilli flakes)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp dried onion powder
How to Make Deep South Spiced Rice
- Heat oil in pan.
- Fry onion, red peppers and capsicum until soft.
- Add chilli and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix with kidney beans and rice.
- Stir in herbs and spices.
- Season well.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves.
Key Ingredients: Rice
, Green Chillies
, Bell pepper
, Vegetable Oil
, kidney beans
, Carom Seeds
, black pepper