Recipe of Deep South Spiced Rice
Recipe Servings: 4
Rice with kidney beans, onions, chillies, peppers and loads of herbs, masalas and the freshness of basil. Its easy to make and great to taste.
- 175 gm rice boiled and drained
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100 gm cooked kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, tulsi leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or you can use ajwain also)
- 1 tsp paprika (red pepper or chilli flakes)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp dried onion powder
How to Make Deep South Spiced Rice
- Heat oil in pan.
- Fry onion, red peppers and capsicum until soft.
- Add chilli and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix with kidney beans and rice.
- Stir in herbs and spices.
- Season well.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves.
Key Ingredients: Rice
, Green Chillies
, Bell pepper
, Vegetable Oil
, kidney beans
, Carom Seeds
, black pepper