Recipe of Egg in a Blanket
Recipe Servings: 1
Make your plain old breakfast toast fun and quirky with this incredibly easy recipe. Sprinkle some spices, herbs or cheese on top and indulge!
- 2 eggs
- 2 brown bread slices
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Salt to taste
How to Make Egg in a Blanket
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the centre of each of the bread slices.
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a pan and place one bread slice on it. Keep the flame on low, and let it brown. Then flip it on the other side.
- Slowly break an egg into the heart-shaped cavity. Cover the pan with a lid, and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Check the doneness as per your like.
- Slide it onto a plate and repeat the process with the other bread slice.
- Season with salt, chilli flakes and oregano, and serve hot.