Recipe of Fresh Fruit Pavlova
Pavlova is a meringue based dessert. A crisp meringue topped with rich, rum and vanilla flavored cream and fruits of your choice.
- 5 egg whites
- 275 gm castor sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 ml whipped cream - flavored with vanilla, rum and sugar
- Assorted seasonal fruits
- 1 Tbsp castor sugar
How to Make Fresh Fruit Pavlova
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually whisk in sugar and then the vinegar, corn flour and essence.
- Spoon the meringue onto a foil-lined tray.
- Level with a blunt knife.
- Bake at 120 degrees C till the meringue is firm. (about 10 minutes)
- Peel the meringue off the foil and allow it to cool.
- Spread some cream on the meringue base and cover with the fruit.
- Sprinkle with sugar and decorate edges with remaining cream.
- Serve immediately.