Ganthia (Chickpea Snack) Recipe
Recipe Servings: 3
Ganthia is a popular Gujarati snack made by frying besan strips in piping hot oil. It tastes best when paired up with dried chilli or pickle.
Ingredients of Ganthia (Chickpea Snack)
- 1 cup besan(gram flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ajwain(carom seeds)
- oil for deep-frying a sev making machine
How to Make Ganthia (Chickpea Snack)
- Mix besan, salt, chilli powder, turmeric and ajwain.
- Add water and mix into a stiff dough.
- Place dough in the sev making machine, fixed with a thick sev plate.
- Heat oil and press out the ganthia in a circular motion.
- Then turn over and fry till crisp, but avoiding to let it brown.
- Lift out of the oil, drain on absorbent paper and store in an airtight jar.