Microwave Chocolate Cake
Oozing chocolate cake made using a microwave.
- 2 cups maida
- 1 3/4 cup castor or powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup oil, butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 x 9" (23 cm) round or 8" (20 cm) square microwavable cake dishes
- Line the base of the tins with butter paper, or grease the bases and dust either with maida or sugar till well coated.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder, and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, sugar, fat, water and vanilla. Beat the mixture using a wooden spoon or a beater, till well blended.
- Break the eggs one at a time and add to the cake batter and beat till smooth. The batter should look almost glossy when done.
- Divide the batter into the dishes.
- Bake one cake at time, at combi 3 for 2 minutes. Rotate container half way and bake another 2 minutes.
- Rotate again and bake 1 minute. Let stand for 5 minutes then turn cake out of the tin.