Recipe Servings: 4
An Indian mithai made with curdled milk, saffron and lots of dry fruits.
- 1 liter milk
- 1/2 tsp tartaric powder
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 100 gm sugar/ grated jaggery
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 6-8 threads of saffron soaked in 1 Tbsp water
- Silver leaf
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- Dry fruits
- 1-2 Tbsp cream
- Boil the milk; add tartaric powder, pinch by pinch, with the lemon juice until the milk begins to curdle.
- Reduce liquid by half. Stir in sugar. Continue cooking until mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle in corn flour, dissolved in a little extra milk.
- Simmer for a further 3-4 minutes. Stir in saffron.
- Spread out onto a greased tray in a layer 1 1/2 " thick; or on a transparency sheet. Cool.
- Decorate with silver leaf, cardamom powder, dried fruit and a drizzle of cream before serving.