Recipe Servings: 4
A creamy and aromatic paneer makhni recipe that will go perfect with some ghee smeared rotis. Bliss!
- 200 gm paneer, cut into pieces
- 5 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- Seeds of 2 green cardamoms (chotti elaichi) crushed
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 4 Tbsp cashew nuts soaked in 1/4th cup water and ground to a paste
- 2 tsp kasoori methi
- 1/2 cup milk approximately
- Boil tomatoes and ginger for 5 minutes and then let them cool. Now puree in a mixer and keep aside.
- Add ghee to the kadhai and add elaichi and sauté for a minute. To it add tomato puree, tomato sauce, red chilli, garam masala salt and sugar. Mix and let it boil.
- Now add the cashew paste along with kasoori methi and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water. Let it cook.
- On a non-stick pan, place the paneer pieces and cook them from both sides till golden brown in color. Add the paneer pieces to the gravy.
- Add milk to get a thick red gravy. Simmer till the ghee separates out of the gravy.
- Serve hot.