Parmesan Herbed Walnuts
Recipe Servings: 8
Walnuts coated in an egg white mixture with herbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Baked till crisp. The perfect winter snack.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups walnut halves and pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, herb seasoning, garlic salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
- Add walnut halves and pieces. Toss to coat.
- Add walnuts to cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in 250° F oven for about 30 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Cool and store re in an airtight container.