Recipe of Peanut Chikki
Recipe Servings: 4
A yummy peanut brittle or chikki made with jaggery. It is a perfect snack to gorge on in winters to keep your body warm.
- 250 gm peanuts
- 200 gm sugar/ jaggery
- 25 gm butter
How to Make Peanut Chikki
- Skin, roast and coarsely crush the peanuts.
- Heat sugar with 1/2 cup of water until thick.
- Boil the syrup until hard crack consistency. (Test its consistency by putting a drop in cold water- it should crack after you take it out).
- Add the peanuts and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a tray and spread the mixture.
- Roll flat to 1 cm in thickness.
- Cut into squares when cooled and store in an airtight container.