Recipe Servings: 2
A very easy to make crisp pie crust.
- 1 cup flour / maida
- 1/2 cup butter, softened not melted
- Salt, a pinch
- 2-3 tsp cold water
- In a plate/ deep dish sieve the flour and salt together. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the softened butter and mix it together with hands to make a crumbly mixture.
- With the help of some cold water combine the whole mixture together. Note: Do not knead the dough, it is supposed to be gently combined together. Store in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once this is done, roll out the dough (1 cm thick) on a flat and clean surface. Make sure the dough is rolled in forward direction, do not roll haphazardly.
- According to the size of your pie tin, cut out the dough and place it carefully in the tin.
- Place a small piece of butter paper on the pie tin. Place 6-7 dry channas/rajma on it (This procedure is called bake blind. It is important to bake blind so that the pie doesn't rise.)
- Bake for 5 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Remove the paper and channas/ rajma and bake it till golden and crisp. Remove from oven.
- Let it cool and fill the crisp pie shells with a filling of your choice.