Plum Charlotte with Whisky Sauce Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Dish layered with plums and breadcrumbs, poured with orange juice and baked till golden. Served with a cinnamon flavored whiskey sauce.
Ingredients of Plum Charlotte with Whisky Sauce
- 50 gm butter
- 150 gm fresh white breadcrumbs
- 750 gm plums - halved and stoned
- 100 gm grated jaggery
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 225 ml orange juice
- 4 yolks
- 75 gm castor sugar
- 250 ml cream
- 250 ml milk
- 2" stick cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp whisky
How to Make Plum Charlotte with Whisky Sauce
- Brush base and sides of a shallow baking dish with a little butter.
- Sprinkle on 1 tbsp breadcrumbs. Cover with a layer of plums.
- Sprinkle on some jaggery, rind and lemon juice. Dot with butter.
- Continue layering the ingredients finishing with breadcrumbs.
- Pour on orange juice. Bake at 190 degrees C for 40-45 minutes or until the plums are tender and breadcrumbs golden in color.
- Serve immediately with whisky sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Whisk yolks and sugar together for 5 minutes. scald cream, milk and cinnamon.
- Pour hot liquid onto yolk mixture. Strain into a clean pan.
- Thicken stirring continuously over a gentle flame.
- Remove from the heat. Cool.
- Remove the cinnamon and flavor with whisky.
- Serve cold with the pudding.
Key Ingredients: butter
, lemond rind, lemon juice
, castor sugar