Recipe of Potato Nests
A yummy potato dish baked and filled with a yogurt and spring onion stuffing.
- 750 gm potatoes
- Grated rind of 2 oranges
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 Tbsp hot milk
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 beaten egg to glaze
- 100 ml thick yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped spring onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Potato Nests
- Preheat the oven to 200-degree C.
- Bake potatoes with skin for about 45 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven, halve and scoop out flesh. Mash.
- Add the rind, yolk, butter, milk, seasoning and spices.
- Pipe into rounds on an oiled sheet with a raised border on the edge.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 200 degree C for 8-10 minutes till colored.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling and spoon into center of potato swirl. Serve hot.