Red Sauce Pasta
Recipe Servings: 2
Pasta served with a simple, slow cooked tomato sauce in the authentic Italian way.
- For the Tomato Sauce
- 5-6 tomatoes - diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp onions - chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to saute
For the Pasta
- 110 gm pasta
- 3 cups water or as required by the pasta to boil
- Pinch of salt
- Cook the tomatoes in a pan.
- Add the clove of garlic, onion and bay leaf to it.
- Add water and then season with salt and sugar.
- Cover and let the tomatoes boil.
- Cool and then grind to a puree.
- Now in a separate pan, heat oil and add chopped onions and chopped garlic.
- Add the tomato puree. Cook till its reduces to half.
- Add basil leaves and keep aside.
- For pasta
- Boil water with salt.
- Add the pasta to it and let it boil. Drain when done
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve with the tomato sauce.