Sonth ki Chutney (Vrat)
Recipe Servings: 8
A tangy tamarind chutney that can turn around any meal.
- 1/2 cup tightly packed imli (tamarind)
- 3/4 cup broken up gur (jaggery)
- 2 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt)
- 1 tsp kala namak (black rock salt), powdered
- 1 tsp sonth (powdered dry ginger)
- 1/4 tsp kali mirch (powdered black pepper)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala (vrat)
- Soak tamarind in water till soft and pulpy.
- Strain and add enough water to make it into a pouring consistency.
- Add rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat till it thickens.
- Cool and serve.