How to make Baingan Ki Chutney
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
An unusual sidekick made with brinjals, tomatoes, spices, vinegar and a pinch of sugar.
Ingredients of Baingan Ki Chutney
- 4 Cups Baingan (diced)
- 3 Tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tsp Kalonji
- 2 tsp Jeera
- 1/4 Cup Curry leaves
- 1 1/2 Cup Tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp Red chilly powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- To taste Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Vinegar
How to Make Baingan Ki Chutney
- 1.Heat canola oil and add kalonji and jeera.
- 2.Once it crackles add curry leaves and immediately add the tomatoes. Sauté for a minute.
- 3.Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and sugar. Stir for a minute.
- 4.Now add baingan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 5.Add vinegar and simmer on slow heat, covered for 2-3 minutes.
- 6.Stir again and check for seasoning.
- 7.Remove and allow to cool.
Baingan (diced), Canola oil, Kalonji, Jeera, Curry leaves, Tomato
, Red chilly powder, Turmeric