Recipe of Sookhe Matar
Recipe Servings: 4
Peas rolled and cooked in an assortment of spices.
- 1 kg peas-shelled
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp finely sliced ginger
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 1/4 garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander powder
How to Make Sookhe Matar
- Heat the clarified butter in a heavy-based pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the ginger and saute to a light brown.
- Add the peas, coriander powder, mango powder, garam masala and salt.
- Saute over high heat till they look glossy.
- Lower heat and simmer till the peas are cooked.
- Serve hot, mixed with chopped coriander leaves.