Recipe of Soya Bean Aur Bathuey Ka Saag with Poori
Soya bean keema and sauteed bathuva come together with spices and yogurt for a delectable saag.
- 200 gm soya bean keema
- 1 kg fresh bathuva, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp green chilli, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 5 tsp yogurt
- 6 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup atta (200g)
- 1/4 cup semolina (sooji) (50g)
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp ghee
- 2 cups oil for frying
- 1 packet rajasthani papad
How to Make Soya Bean Aur Bathuey Ka Saag with Poori
- In a bowl take some hot water and soak the soya bean keema for some time.
- In boiling water, blanch the bathuva and saute it in a pan.
- In a separate pan, heat some oil. Add chopped ginger, green chilli, tomatoes and spices and cook well for 5 - 8 minutes. Add beaten yoghurt and cook further more till it leaves oil.
- Now squeeze the soaked soya bean keema and add along with sauteed bathuva. Stir fry on a slow flame.
- Add fresh coriander and lemon juice. Serve hot with poories and raita.
- Take the atta in a bowl. Add semolina, ajwain, salt and ghee and rub it nicely.
- Add little bit of water and make a stiff dough. Rest it and roll it into baby poories and fry.
- Make a basic raita with remaining yoghurt, sauteed bathuva and salt. Serve with saag, with rajasthani papad on the side.
Key Ingredients: tofu
, refined oil, ginger
, green chillies
, cumin seeds
, turmeric powder, kashmiri mirch
, corainder leaves, salt
, whole wheat flour
, carom seeds