Recipe of Sultanpur Style Suji Ka Halwa
Recipe Servings: 7
Easy-breezy and so delicious. Semolina halwa made with dry coconut, raisins, almonds and cashew nuts.
- 2 - 3 cups clarified butter
- 1 kg suji (Semolina)
- 1 kg sugar
- 1 cup dry coconut
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 litres water
How to Make Sultanpur Style Suji Ka Halwa
- Heat up the clarified butter in a wok and add the suji (Semolina).
- Keep stirring until the suji becomes brown. It is essential for the suji to get brown.
- Add the sugar, dry coconut, raisins, almonds, cashew nuts and some water.
- The starch in the suji will glutenize and will swell.
- This will create a nice thick halwa. Keep stirring while boiling.
- Once the halwa becomes nice and thick, this means its ready.