Recipe of Summer Fruits with Homemade Custard
Recipe Servings: 4
Thick and creamy custard with the light flavor of vanilla. Served in a martini glass with chopped fruits of your choice.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 500 ml milk
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- Seasonal fruits of your choice, chopped
How to Make Summer Fruits with Homemade Custard
- Open up the vanilla bean completely and scrape out the vanilla seeds.
- In a pot put the vanilla seeds along with 500 ml of milk, 500 ml cream, 4 tbsp sugar and let it come to a boil.
- In another bowl put egg yolks along with 2 tbsp sugar and whisk.
- Once the milk and cream mixture is boiled strain the extra vanilla beans and keep stirring through out.
- Add the vanilla and milk mixture one ladle at a time into the beat eggs while continuing to whisk the eggs.
- Repeat till the vanilla and milk mixture is finished.
- Transfer all the egg mixture into the pot and keep stirring while its on the flame until it becomes thick and golden,
- To Serve: In a martini glass place the chopped fruits and pour the custard and serve.