Recipe of Turkish Lamb Kebabs
Chef Abdula from Turkey shows us how to make kebabs the authentic way. Kebabs originated from the south east part of Turkey, Anatolia.
- 100 gm minced lamb (In turkey they do not use minced lamb, they chop it fine with a knife)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Handful of basil leaves
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp paprika paste (you can use red chilly paste also)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
For Lamb Kebab with Pistas:
- 100 gm minced lamb
- Handful of pistas
How to Make Turkish Lamb Kebabs
- Mix together the meat, garam masala, garlic, paprika and other spices.
- Add salt in the end.
- Now place it on the skewer and grill. (you can shape it like a seekh kebab)
For the Lamb Kebab with Pistas:
- Chop the pistas, add a few masalas and mix well with the meat.
- Put it on a skewer and grill.
- Note: The above two recipes are Turkish delicacies. They do not add to many spices to the food to emphasize more on the flavor of the meat. They serve the kebabs with a special faltbread called Lavash