Viennese Apple Strudel Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Crunchy pastry on top and soft cinnamon flavored gooey apples inside make for a perfect strudel.
Ingredients of Viennese Apple Strudel
- 400 gm flour
- 1-2 cups of water
For the filling:
- 2 -3 kg sour apples - peeled, grated and boiled
- 1 cup bread crumbs - roasted with butter
- 4 Tbsp raisins - soaked in water
- 4 Tbsp ground walnuts
- 3 -4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter - melt
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
How to Make Viennese Apple Strudel
- Mix the flour with water and knead a dough.
- Refrigerate for over an hour, preferably overnight.
- Now keep the dough on a cloth and spread with the help of a rolling pin.
- To make it thin, stretch it with hands in outwards strokes.
- Sprinkle molten butter evenly, followed by apples, bread crumbs, raisins, walnuts, sugar, salt and cinnamon powder.
- Roll the dough sprinkling molten butter between each layer.
- Place it in the baking tray and bake for half an hour to 40 minutes.
- Once done, top it with powdered sugar and serve.