The season of warm cuddles and lazy sunshine is here
But it is also the time for dry skin, hair fall and dull appearances
Dermatologist Dr. Deepali tells us how we can take care of our skin
The season of warm cuddles and lazy sunshine is here and the weather couldn't be prettier. Winter season is the time for warm soups and hot coffees in our cozy blankets but it is also the time for dry skin, hair fall, dull appearances and allergies. Here's the good news, it doesn't have to be this way as leading dermatologist, Dr. Deepali Bharadwaj tells us how we can take care of our skin and keep that perfect glow. You did it diligently in summers and now it is time to change the routine for winters.
According to Dr. Deepali Bharadwaj,"Summers and winters have a totally different effect on our skin and hair, which is quite apparent in the way we feel during these seasons. The harshness of winter causes the skin to feel dry and stretched out, leading to premature ageing and a dull look. Not only that, it can also lead to other skin conditions like acne, eczema and psoriasis being aggravated further." A few simple steps will restore your skin and hair to their former magnificence and even better if you take good care by following these amazing tips provided by Dr. Deepali Bharadwaj.
A few simple steps will restore your skin and hair to their former magnificence
1. No matter how comforting a hot water bath sounds, it must be avoided. Not the bath, the hot water. Instead, use lukewarm water that will protect the skin from losing its natural oils, which hot water happily removes, leaving the skin scratchy and extra dry. But if you still wish to have a bath with slightly more warm water then add some oil like coconut , olive, sesame or into your bucket of water which helps by making a coat on the body and ensuring more hydration.
2. Remember to moisturise yourself immediately after a bath while the skin is still damp. This ensures that the moisture is sealed in, leaving the skin hydrated and supple.
Use lukewarm water that will protect the skin from losing its natural oils
3. Needless to say, exfoliation is a must to remove the dead cells and to allow the new skin cells to come up, breathe and be moisturised. Using a scrub once or twice a week should do the trick to rejuvenate the skin.
4. Don't be lazy about the night cream routine. Follow it religiously. Use creams without perfumes or paraffins. Lesser preservatives make for better and longer lasting creams.
5. Eating nourishing food items like sweet potato, dry fruits, amla and other seasonal fruits will help in boosting skin and body immunity.
Don't be lazy about the night cream routine
6. Drinking plenty of water prevents dehydration specially since the dry air from heaters that are used in most households can exaggerate dryness.
7. Generously apply cream on your feet as they also need extra care and wear cotton socks to protect them further from developing cracks. Lactic acid cream is a better option in which crushed camphor can be added for exfoliating and nourishing properties.
8. Blow drying is a complete no-no even if it is tempting on a cold day to dry your hair. The brittle winter hair is only damaged further by blow drying so avoid it and if it is absolutely necessary apply serum before blow-drying your hair.
Blow drying is a complete no-no even if it is tempting on a cold day to dry your hair
9. A few home remedies must be kept handy. Take curd, straight from the fridge and apply it on extra dry skin or even on any kind of rash. If your skin is very dry you can mix 2/3 drops of glycerine in it too and leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with rose water or plain water. This will leave your skin feeling definitely healthier and softer.
Comments 10. Another trick is using Vitamin E ( Evion) capsules. Cut or burst open a capsule. Apply it directly to dry or mature skin. Leave it on for 20 minutes then wipe your face gently with a soft cotton cloth.
A few home remedies must be kept handy
We hope that now you have the perfect skin care routine. With these simple tips you can regain your natural glow and your hair strength.