The scorching heat can leave us tired, dehydrated, and low on energy. Amidst this, a tasty and healthy drink with lots of ice is all that's needed to help us feel better. One popular summer drink happens to be shikanji. It's a combination of lemon juice, and various Indian spices roasted to get the right hint of flavours. Shikanji not only helps in preventing heatstroke but also boosts digestion, and is packed with vitamin C. So, now, if you are wondering how to make this drool-worthy drink, fret not. Chef Saransh Goila has shared a recipe on Instagram where he showed how to make shikanji.
Here are the ingredients for Saransh Goila's shikanji:
Jeera - 4 tablespoons
Black peppercorns - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Green cardamom pods - 10-12
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Black salt – 2 tablespoons
Juice from 1 lemon
Sugar to taste (2 tablespoons)
Mint leaves – 5 to 8
Shikanji masala – 1.5 tablespoon
Here's how you can make the shikanji:
1) First, make a special shikanji masala. For this, take jeera, black peppercorns, and green cardamom pods as per the mentioned quantities. Dry roast them all.
2) After roasting, grind them into a fine masala. Add salt and black salt into it and mix well. Keep it aside.
3) To prepare shikanji for a single glass, squeeze one lemon into the container and add sugar as per your requirement. However, two tablespoons of sugar should be enough.
4) Take about five to eight mint leaves and add them to the mixture. Mix the shikanji masala you had prepared beforehand.
5) Finally, transfer the mixture in a glass, add lots of ice and mix some soda. The shikanji is ready to be served.
Watch the recipe video here:
If not shikanji, there are other summer drinks that you can easily make at home. If you are craving a thick shake, put mangoes to some good use and make a delectable shake quickly. Chef Saransh Goila had once dropped a video on Instagram showing how to whip up a perfect glass of mango milkshake. The creamy and frothy milkshake not only tastes good but also gives us a chance to have mangoes in one of the most delightful ways possible.
Going by the recipe Saransh Goila shared, you've got to first peel a fully-ripened mango, then cut it into small cubes and add it to a blender. He gave a secret tip, which was to add fully-frozen full cream milk cubes along with ice and sugar. Then, blend them all together, and your mango milkshake is ready.
Enjoy the summer season sipping these yummy drinks.