Apart from having it with delicious spaghetti or other exotic soups, we love garlic bread, in general. Many people specially order garlic bread at restaurants. This garlic-flavoured soft bread not only satiates our tummies but also tantalises our taste buds. However, it's also one of the easiest recipes that can be tried at home. There's no need to rush to restaurants or other food joints outside when you can make appetising garlic bread at home itself. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shared a recipe for garlic bread. She also demonstrated a quick method of making cheese dip to have with the main dish.
You can prepare this recipe even when you don't have an oven at home. In the caption, she stated, “Restaurant style Garlic Bread in just Rs 30 and that too without an oven! What?!?!? Make the softest and yummiest Garlic Bread in a Kadhai, along with a Cheese Dip!”
For garlic bread:
1) Warm water - 1 cup
2) Sugar 1 tablespoon
3) Yeast - 1 tablespoon
4) All-purpose flour - 2 cups
5) Salt - 1/2 tablespoon
6) Garlic powder - 1 tablespoon
7) Yeast mixture
8) Garlic water
9) Oil - 2 tablespoons
10) Garlic cloves - 10-12
11) Oil - 1 tablespoon
12) Butter - 1/2 cup
13) Chilli flakes
15) Finely chopped parsley
For cheese dip
1) Butter - 1 tablespoon
2) All-purpose flour - 1 tablespoon
3) Milk - 1/2 cup
4) Cheese slices - 3
Here's how you can make garlic bread and cheese dip:
1) Take one cup of warm water, and mix some sugar in it. Put yeast and blend it well.
2) Take all-purpose flour in a bowl. Add salt, garlic powder, yeast mixture (that you prepared) and garlic water. Make a smooth dough.
3) Keep kneading the dough using some oil in between. Once it becomes soft, put it in a bowl and cover it. Rest for 10 minutes.
4) In another bowl, take garlic cloves and pour a little bit of oil on them. Microwave the cloves for about 3-4 minutes. After that, mash them all. Add butter and mix well.
5) Add some oregano followed by chilli flakes into the preparation. Finally, put chopped parsley. Mix well. Keep it aside.
6) Next, take a portion from your dough and roll it out (in a round shape).
7) Spread the preparation of garlic butter over the dough. Fold it as shown in the video.
8) Grease the butter paper with some oil.
9) Put the dough on it for the further baking process. Just make sure you cut it into pieces (without separating them).
10) Take a pan and put it on the stove. Spread some salt on it. Place a ring and put the plate of your garlic bread on it. Cover it. Let it bake for about 15-20 minutes. Once done, you can spread some butter garlic mixture on top of it. Cut the garlic bread into pieces if you want and enjoy with cheese dip.
For cheese dip
1) In a pan, take butter with some all-purpose flour. Mix well. Add milk and keep mixing it. Place 3 cheese slices into it and it will get thicker in consistency. Put salt in the end and your cheese dip is ready.
Take a look:
This could be a great snack to prepare at home for your weekend binge.