Is LIIT stronger than other cocktails?
Dhanashree points out that people think LIIT is more potent as compared to a Cosmopolitan, Martini or a Mojito because it has several liquors of different quantities mixed in it. However, it consists of the same measure of alcohol that every other cocktail has. Every cocktail or a large drink has 60 milliliters of alcohol in it. Similarly, an LIIT has four equal measures of white spirits which makes a total of 60 milliliter along with one orange liqueur.
Here are two amazing recipes of LIIT that you would want to try for your next party.
Blood on the Roof Top
Recipe by Dhanashree Kirdat Punekar
Glass: Tall / Hurricane
- 15 ml Vodka
- 15 ml White rum
- 15 ml Tequila
- 15 ml Gin
- 10 ml Peach syrup
- 10 ml Lime juice
- 15 ml Red wine to float
- Splash of aerated drink
- Garnish: Sweet lime & mint sprig
- Fill the shaker with ice
- Add Vodka, Rum, Tequila, Gin, peach syrup
- Pour in some lime juice and shake it well
- Strain it on ice in a tall glass
- Add a splash of aerated drink and float red wine
Long Island Iced Tea (LIIT)
Recipe by Mixologist Shatbhi Basu
- 15 ml vodka (preferably orange flavoured)
- 15 ml rum
- 15 ml gin
- 15 ml Tequila/Desmondji 51% (agave spirit)
- 15 ml Cointreau/Desmondji (orange liqueur)
- 10 ml lime juice
- Top with coke
- Garnish: orange slice with sprig of mint and orange
- Take tall glasses filled with ice.
- Add all ingredients except DJ 51 & orange liqueur.
- Top with coke & float the DJ 51 & orange liqueur on top.
- Give a gentle swirl & garnish.