Formal (and semi-formal) dining is a very common affair these days. Be it for a client meet or at any social gathering - we arrange formal dinners every now and then. And hence, knowing table etiquettes and manners become equally important. For the unversed, table manners are some rules that one follows while dinning, which include the use of utensils and cutleries. There are majorly two types of table manners followed globally - British and American school of etiquettes. In India, we majorly follow the British manner of dining and holding cutleries. Here we bring some tips that will help you with using fork and knife in just the right way. These techniques have been shared by celebrity chef Pankaj Bhadouria on her official Instagram handle. Let's take a look.
Chef Pankaj Bhadouria Shares 6 Easy Ways To Use Fork And Knife While Eating:
- The fork is to be held in your left hand and the knife in the right.
- When we are holding the fork, rightfully the end should be resting in our palm. Likewise, hold the knife by the neck and rest it somewhere in our palm.
- When we want to cut food, hold the food with fork and cut gently with the knife. Do not use pressure.
- Always cut bite-sized food pieces so that the food can easily be eaten.
- If we want to keep down the knife while eating, we keep it on the top of our plate. At this point, it is okay to shift the fork to the right hand.
- When you are finished eating turn the fork upside down and keep at the centre of the plate. And place the knife just by the side of the fork. This indicates that we are done with eating and the server can clear the plate.
Watch The Detailed Video Here:
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.