DIY Your Own Aloe Vera Gel At Home
Aloe vera leaves are long and slightly curved with ragged edges. The gel is the thick fleshy part that comes out of the skin of the leaf.
Things You Need:
- Aloe vera leaf
- A sharp knife
- Clean air-tight container for storing
- Clean bowl
- Cut an aloe vera leaf into 8 long sections.
- Cut off the ragged edge. Make sure you get just the edge as it is difficult to get the gel out of leaf.
- Make a long, lengthwise incision in the middle of the leaf to peel off the skin.
- Now, place your knife right under the rind and slide it along the length of the leaf to pull off the skin. Make sure to stay close to the skin to get as much gel as you can.
- Repeat the same for the other half of the skin.
- Now, with a help of a spoon, carefully scoop out the pulp and collect it in a bowl. Avoid scraping the yellowish part of the pulp, as it contains toxins.
- Add a few drops of either grapefruit seed extract, vitamin C powder, vitamin E oil or some essential oil to help preserve the gel for longer period. Blend the mixture for 30 seconds in a high-speed blender.
- Pour the gel into a clean storage container and refrigerate.
- It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for about a week.
This is one of the easiest and quickest ways of making aloe vera gel at home. If you have any other method to make aloe vera gel at home, then don't forget to share it with us in the comment section below.
About Shubham BhatnagarYou can often find Shubham at a small authentic Chinese or Italian restaurant sampling exotic foods and sipping a glass of wine, but he will wolf down a plate of piping hot samosas with equal gusto. However, his love for homemade food trumps all.