1. Neem OilIt is an effective mosquito repellent. Use a few drops in your infuser to get it to spread across the room. It can also be mixed with coconut oil and applied all over your body to prevent insect bites.
2. Ajwain SeedsAjwain seeds should be combined with mustard oil and applied on cardboard pieces which can be placed in strategic positions in your house to ward off mosquitoes. It also releases a wonderful aroma, unlike the fumes released from coils.
Plants like feverfew, citronella, catnip and lavender have mosquito repellent properties. Keep them in various places around the house and keep your home disease-free.
3. Mosquito Repellent Plants
4. Check on Stagnant WaterStagnant water is the breeding ground for mosquitoes, as everyone knows. Make sure your home and surrounding areas do not have any blocked drains or areas where water collects. A common mistake is leaving water inside an unused air cooler. Drain it immediately.
5. Lavender Oil Lavender oil can be mixed with citronella and eucalyptus oils and then sprayed to repel mosquitoes. Reapply after a few hours as the effect may wear off.
As the popular saying goes, prevention is the cure, you need to be strict about it. Keep a constant eye and protect yourself and your family from severe diseases.