Baking has become an immensely popular pastime thanks to the pandemic. People found that they can easily make delicious desserts in the comfort of their homes with a few simple ingredients that are readily available in the kitchen. Just combine everything together, pop it in the oven and let it bake to yield amazing results with minimal effort! Hollywood actress Jennifer Garner is also one such baking enthusiast who regularly shares her baking and cooking endeavours with her fan following of 12.9 million on Instagram. Known as 'the Pretend Cooking Show', it features Jennifer Garner trying some amazing recipes in her own unique manner. This time, the 13 Going On 30 actress baked a yummy dessert with her mother Patricia Garner on the occasion of Mother's Day.
Take a look at the video shared by Jennifer Garner:
The dessert that Jennifer Garner prepared in the video was a delicious Blueberry Buckle. A traditional dessert recipe, it is basically a cake with blueberries in the centre topped with a crunchy and crumbly topping. "Happy Mother's Day. If it carries weight for you, I hope you find comfort today and always. I wish my mom and I could make you some blueberry buckle and sit for a chat," wrote Jennifer Garner in the caption of the post. The video has already raked in over 1.8 million views and thousands of comments too.
In the video, Jennifer Garner spoke to her mother Patricia Garner through video call. She showed the steps and the making of the yummy dessert that was from a cookbook by author Cheryl Day. The actress' hilarious banter with her mother made for an interesting watch. Jennifer Garner's mother revealed that she used to make the Blueberry Buckle many years ago and would take it to work for her colleagues as well.
(Also Read: How To Make Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffin At Home)
Here Is The Full Recipe For Blueberry Buckle As Shared By Jennifer Garner:
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 and 1/3 cup All-Purpose flour
- 8 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
For the Buckle:
- 1 and 1/4 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 6 tbsp room temp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter 9-inch cake pan.
2. For the crumb topping: combine sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour and stir until well blended. Cut in butter until crumbs are the size of peas. Cover and freeze to chill while making cake.
3. For the buckle: Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cardamom. Set aside.
4. Cream together butter and sugar on high for 5-7 mins until light and fluffy. Reduce speed and add eggs. Mix in vanilla, zest and sour cream.
5. Add dry ingredients until just incorporated. Put off the mixer, and gently fold in blueberries.
6. Scrape batter into prepared pan, spread evenly. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over top.
7. Bake 40-50 mins until top is golden and firm.
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.