How to make Almond & Goji Berry Boondi Ladoo
About Almond & Goji Berry Boondi Ladoo Recipe: Soak in the goodness of goji berries and the crunch of almonds together in these sumptuous ladoos that are perfect for every occasion.
Ingredients of Almond & Goji Berry Boondi Ladoo
- For ladoo batter:
- 1 1/2 cup besan
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup almond slivers, roasted
- 3 tbsp gojiberry
- 3/4 tbsp ghee
- Sunflower oil (for deep frying)
- For sugar syrup:
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- A pinch of saffron strands
How to Make Almond & Goji Berry Boondi Ladoo
- 1.Take sugar, saffron strands and water in a pan and put it over low flame.
- 2.Cook the syrup till a single string consistency is achieved. Keep the sugar syrup hot.
- 3.Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- 4.Mix besan, cardamom powder together and add water to it to form a batter.
- 5.To check the consistency of the boondi batter drop a few droplets of the better in hot oil, if it becomes flat, the batter is thin and if it has peaks, the batter is thick.
- 6.To make the batter thick add some more besan and to make the batter thin add some water.
- 7.To make boondis, hold a perforated ladle over hot oil, using a spoon spread the boondi batter over the perforated spoon; make sure that the perforated spoon and the pan don’t have much height between them or else the boondis will not be round.
- 8.Do not over fry the boondis and do not crisp them.
- 9.Remove them from oil once the oil stops to sizzle and put it in the sugar syrup. Strain the boondis from the syrup.
- 10.Mix the boondis with almond slivers and goji berries and add around a tbsp of ghee for the binding.
- 11.Make golf sized roundels and shape them. Use ghee so the mixture does not stick on hands.
Key Ingredients: besan, water, cardamom powder, almond slivers, gojiberry, ghee, Sunflower oil (for deep frying), sugar, water, saffron strands