How to make Banana Phirni Tartlets with Fresh Strawberries
Milk thickened with rice flour and flavoured with cardamom, saffron and fresh Banana. A delectable and fragrant milk and rice based Indian dessert. An exclusive recipe of dessert inducing happiness in you, one spoon at a time.
Ingredients of Banana Phirni Tartlets with Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Basmati rice (soaked in water)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2-3 Cups Milk
- 3-4 strands Saffron
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Banana
- 100 Gram Fresh strawberries
- For Tarts:
- 250 Gram Plain flour
- 125 Gram Butter (chilled), chopped
- 1/3 Cup Castor sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp Chilled water
How to Make Banana Phirni Tartlets with Fresh Strawberries
- 1.Combine flour, butter and sugar in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 2.Add yolk and chilled water. Process until dough just comes together.
- 3.Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4.Remove from refrigerator, roll and place into tart shells. Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice.
- 5.Bake at 180 C for 10 minutes. Remove weights and paper. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until pastry is golden. Allow to cool.
Basmati rice (soaked in water), Milk
, Cardamom powder, Milk
, Fresh strawberries, Plain flour, Butter (chilled), Castor sugar, Egg yolk, Chilled water