Story ProgressBack to home
Beetroot Soup Recipe
How to make Beetroot Soup
Healthy and hearty soup of beetroot and bottle gourd, tastes good hot or cold.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Beetroot Soup
- 1 Cup Beet root (chopped), peeled
- 1 cup Bottle gourd (ghiya) (chopped), peeled
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Potato (chopped), peeled
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, powdered
- For garnishing Coriander leaves, chopped
How to Make Beetroot SoupHideShow Media
Place the beetroot, bottle gourd, onion, tomato and potato with two cups of water in a pan.
Bring to a boil and then simmer till all the vegetables are soft.
Cool and blend in a blender. Strain through a sieve.
Add sugar, salt and black pepper.
Serve hot or chilled garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.