Beetroot Salad Recipe
A delightful filling of beetroot, broccoli, walnuts, apple and celery stuffed between crunchy papads with a creamy dressing.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Beetroot Salad
- 1/2 kg cooked and peeled beetroot
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, made in to a paste
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2-3 nasturtium leaves grated rind
- 1 lemon
- 50 ml cream
- 6 roasted papad
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 2 Tbsp sliced celery
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp broccoli florets
- 2 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Beetroot SaladHideShow Media
1. Chop beetroot and transfer it to a mixer. Add vinegar, sugar, nasturtium leaves and lemon rind. Blend it and season. Stir in the cream.
2. Soften onions in melted butter. Add the remaining ingredients and saute over a high flame. Remove from the flame.
3. Mix all veggies, walnuts, herbs and beetroot mixture together. This is the filling for the papad.
4. Use it as a filling between 3 papads.
5. Serve it garnished with beetroot shreds and fresh cream.