How To Make Bhang & Dal Ke Dahi Bhalle
Image by Chef Dayashankar Sharma
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Bhang & Dal Ke Dahi Bhalle Recipe: Tangy, tarty and full of spice, these dahi bhalle are perfect to take your Holi celebrations a notch higher!
Ingredients of Bhang & Dal Ke Dahi Bhalle
- 100 gms urad dal white
- 100 gms yellow moong dal
- 1 tsp bhang
- 5 Green chilli
- Salt (as per taste)
- 200 ml Oil (for frying )
- 400 gms yogurt
- 15 gms sugar
- to taste black salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder, roasted
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 30 ml tamarind chutney
- 1 tbsp coriander
How to Make Bhang & Dal Ke Dahi Bhalle
- 1.Wash and soak Urad dal white and yellow moong dal for 1 hour.
- 2.Soak bhang leaves for 10 minutes.
- 3.Now strain all above and make a fine paste. Add salt and chopped green chillies mix well.
- 4.Now heat oil in a kadai and fry add the prepared balls a few at a time using wet hands deep fry till golden brown in colour.
- 5.Prepare a yogurt mixture.
- 6.Add sugar, salt, roasted cumin powder, black salt and mix well.
- 7.Soak the prepared balls in a lukewarm water till soft.
- 8.Remove Bhalla from water squeeze out excess water and add to yogurt mixture. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- 9.Serve chilled garnish with roasted cumin powder, tamarind chutney, red chilli powder and chopped coriander.
Key Ingredients: urad dal white, yellow moong dal, bhang, Green chilli, Salt (as per taste), Oil (for frying ), yogurt, sugar, black salt, cumin powder, red chilli powder, tamarind chutney, coriander