Black Bean Hummus Recipe
Black beans push over chickpeas in this recipe to make this classic dip. Blend it with fresh herbs and spices, and serve it with breads.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Black Bean Hummus
- 2 cups black beans, boiled¼ cup olive oil, plus extra for topping4-5 garlic cloves2 Tbsp lemon juice1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp of curd½ tsp of cumin powder1.2 tsp of black pepper powderSalt to tasteCoriander leaves to garnish
How to Make Black Bean HummusHideShow Media
1. In a food processor or blender, mix the black beans, sesame seeds and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
2. Add the cumin powder, black pepper powder, curd, olive oil and salt, and blend again until smooth.
3. Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning. Finish with a drizzling of olive oil and coriander sprigs on top. Serve with pita breads.