Chilli Burgers with Pepper Relish Recipe
How to make Chilli Burgers with Pepper Relish
An American recipe of chilli burgers. A spiced lamb patty slapped between burger buns served with a roasted red bell pepper dip.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings5
Ingredients of Chilli Burgers with Pepper Relish
- 50 gm butter
- 2 large diced onions
- 3 chopped red chillies
- 2 tsp cumin roasted, ground
- 400 gm lamb, minced
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 300 gm kidney beans, pureed, cooked
- 75 gm fresh bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Oil for shallow frying
- 6 buns
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lettuce, shredded
- Flour to coat
- For roasted pepper relish:
- 1/2 kg red bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 tsp roasted cumin
- 2 Tbsp chilli sauce, mild and sweet
- 50 ml salad/olive oil
How to Make Chilli Burgers with Pepper RelishHideShow Media
For the relish:
1. Grill peppers until skin blackens. Remove skin.
2. Blend the peppers with cumin and sauce until smooth.
3. Gradually add oil.
4. Cover and chill before using.
For the chilli burger:
1. Heat butter, add onion, chillies and cumin.
2. Cook until onion softens.
3. Combine with meat, mustard, sauce, bean paste, breadcrumbs, parsley and egg. Mix well. Shape into 6 large patties.
4. Chill well and coat with flour. Shallow fry in hot oil until colored and cooked.
5. Halve and toast bread rolls. Spread with relish, top with burgers, lettuce, onion rings and tomato slices.